Conor McGregor Shares Gratitude Ahead Of UFC 329 Comeback Against Max Holloway
Conor McGregor has been receiving plenty of attention after speaking about the strong support he has felt ahead of his highly anticipated UFC 329 clash with Max Holloway. The former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion will make his Octagon comeback in July.
McGregor’s announcement of his comeback was an instant issue in the fight world, and fans around the world rejoiced at his return. The Irish superstar will face Holloway again at welterweight, years after their first bout.
McGregor Responds To Fan Support
Ahead of the highly anticipated bout, McGregor posted a message on social media thanking fans for the support he has received since the fight was officially announced. The post featured pictures from his training camp, one of which was McGregor sitting inside the gym, and another of him seemingly landing a flying knee during sparring.
McGregor expressed his gratitude for the fans’ support over the last few days and said the fans’ support has gotten him into training camp fresh for his next fight. He also extolled the morale of his team members and said his coaches and sparring partners were fully committed and ready to face the challenges ahead. The inside of the gym has been very serious, given the preparations for UFC 329.
Training Camp Intensifies
McGregor also mentioned that his training is extremely physical. He also pointed to Italian MMA fighter Nicolo Solli as one of his main training partners to help propel him through camp. McGregor said the sessions are now very competitive.
One of the more impressive aspects of McGregor’s assertion was his total lack of any hesitation in stating that he is feeling “better than ever,” despite being off the pro MMA scene for so long. The 37-year-old is still keen to showcase his martial arts skills on the international stage again.
Long Road Back To the Octagon
McGregor last took part in an MMA event in Aug. 2021 when he took on Dustin Poirier in their trilogy fight at UFC 264. The encounter ended tragically, however, when he was given a gruesome leg injury at the end of the first round and was subsequently knocked out.
McGregor had been linked to several potential fights in boxing and MMA, but none of them were officially confirmed. Many fans had been expecting his return, and finally, the fight is confirmed this year.
Holloway Is Looking For Revenge
Holloway will come into the bout with a heavy heart after losing a BMF title fight to Charles Oliveira via unanimous decision last year. It was also an old head-to-head battle between the Hawaiian star and McGregor back in 2013, when both were just beginning their careers in the UFC.
Since their debut, so much has transpired, and both fighters have grown into some of the most recognizable names in the UFC. Their rematch will now be at welterweight and is likely to be one of the top events of the year.
UFC 329 Headlines Las Vegas Summer Card
The bout between McGregor and Holloway will be part of UFC 329 on July 11, 2026, at T-Mobile Arena. The news has already sparked a huge uproar around the MMA world, with his comeback and the history between the two fighters.
For McGregor, the bout represents an opportunity to prove he can still compete at the highest level after years away from the cage. Meanwhile, Holloway will look to avenge one of the earliest losses of his professional career and spoil McGregor’s long-awaited comeback on one of the UFC’s biggest stages.
For More Great Content
For more in-depth updates and engaging stories on MMA, wrestling, and boxing, be sure to follow me on X (Twitter). Regular updates covering the latest developments, breaking news, and key moments across all three sports will be shared, keeping you informed with the current landscape and ongoing stories.
